by Ed Sherman, CA Attorney, founder of Nolo Press
Surveys have shown that one of the biggest problems people report regarding their California divorce is how long it takes. The California court system seems to get slower every year, but it doesn’t have to be that way for you.
This eBook reveals several ways to speed up your California divorce:
- Describes the fastest way to solve problems that are slowing you down
- Shows you how to identify what stage of the process you’re in and what to do based on where you’re at
- Explains how to get the right kind of help—the kind that will speed things up instead of slowing things down. It’s easy and common to make the wrong choice about this if you don’t have the information we provide
- Reveals a very effective but not very well known service you can use to save many days, weeks, months or even years on the time you spend on your divorce (the amount of time saved depends on the county where you file your divorce)
- Teaches you how to use an experienced courier to deliver your paperwork to the court, and save even more time
This eBook also tells you what NOT to do, so you can avoid common mistakes that can really slow down your divorce. Follow our proven strategies to finish your divorce faster. Delays caused by trying to settle disagreements in court can bog your case down for years, whereas even when all is settled and all your paperwork is complete, delays in processing paperwork in underfunded and understaffed courts can take many months (5 to 12) in busy counties and several weeks in even the fastest counties. We give you the details in How to Get a Fast California Divorce . Our goal is to show you how to avoid or at least minimize all unnecessary delays.