First, make sure you have taken these steps. These are the most common cures for FormZ problems:
- You are using the most current version of FormZ
Currently at Version 1.5. If you have an earlier version, we have found that upgrading can solve many issues. Click here to download it (140 kb).
- You are using the most current forms
To look for fixed or new FormZ forms since the date of your CD, click here.
- You are using Acrobat version 4.05 or later
Open Acrobat and under the Help menu, select About Acrobat. Look in the upper left corner to verify the version. If yours is earlier than verion 4.05, install Acrobat Reader from your CD or go to www.adobe.com and get the latest version of Acrobat Reader (it’s free).
- Internet Explorer’s proxy settings are clear
Make sure your browser is not set for a proxy-server or autodetect settings. This is especially important if you are on a company network, but a few users who are not on a network have also had this problem. Click here for instructions.
- Firewalls and security levels
If the previous fixes still leave you with problems, try these:
- If you are running a software firewall, try turning it off. These can often interfere with the operation of FormZ.
- This is the Haines Solution, named for the user who figured it out after a lot of suffering. If Internet Explorer 5.5 or 6.x is set for Maximum security, this can interfere with FormZ. Set it to Medium, and see if your problems evaporate. Under Tools > Internet Options, click the Security tab and set the slider to Medium.
- The Gray Solution, from another bright user, is even better: make FormZ a trusted site, which sets it to low security without changing any of the security settings for the rest of the Internet. Click here for instructions.
Been there, done that? Send a Problem Report! It’s easy and we typically respond by the next business day.
If you have gone through the steps above and are still having trouble, it is time to ask for help. Just click the link below and give us the requested information about your setup. Please be as clear as possible in your description of when and how the problem occurs, and record exactly any error messages you get.
Ready? Click here to report your problem.